Warehouses often contain multiple cold. At present, roughly two types of cold storage and associated cell sizes can be distinguished:
• Small local stores (counters)
• Large central cold stores (depositories, auctions)
Thermal conditions in a cold room
By limiting outside influences, such as temperature, humidity and solar radiation as much as possible is a significant energy savings. Ideally, a fully conditioned environment, independent from the outside environment. This is partly achieved by isolating the cell to make good airtight.
Limiting the cold losses
In order to limit the heat losses are the insulation, the air density and the reflection of heat from outside the worth investigating. With an infrared camera and a tightness test is relatively easy to air leakage and poor insulation to detect.
Measures to be taken are then:
• Application of additional insulation (in the cell or on the outside)
• Application of reflective roofing with a coating or film, if the roof is appropriate
• Improve the airtightness example by applying sustainable kit
• The minimizing thermal bridges